– Amity University Chancellor and President of Ritnand Balved Education Foundation New Delhi, India to Deliver Keynote Address –
AURORA, Colo. – June 14, 2016 – American Sentinel University will celebrate the academic achievements of its newest graduates in nursing, technology and healthcare management disciplines at its tenth commencement ceremony to be held on Friday, June 17 at 9:30 a.m. MDT in Boettcher Concert Hall at the Denver Performing Arts Complex. The event will be webcast live.
American Sentinel University selected a keynote speaker that embodies the mission of the university. Dr. Atul Chauhan, Chancellor, Amity University and the president of Ritnand Balved Education Foundation, New Delhi, India, will deliver the keynote address. He oversees Amity University, which is one of the largest and most prestigious schools in India. Amity University focuses on creating centers of thought leadership across the world, where faculty, scientists, and brilliant students can explore and expand the frontiers of knowledge and is highly ranked in India in for its business, biotechnology, engineering, law, insurance and banking, communications, and fashion programs.
“We have challenged our students through the use of innovative technology to achieve high levels of academic excellence to master skills needed to meet the challenging needs of today’s changing healthcare and business landscapes,” says Mary Adams, President and Chief Academic Officer of American Sentinel University. “Graduation marks the pinnacle of our graduating student’s dedication to continuous advancement, determination, and commitment enhancing their professional and civic lives. We are proud to honor their outstanding academic achievement.”
During the commencement ceremony, the university will confer over 1,000 degrees, 69 of which are at the doctoral level, and 395 are at the master’s level.
Key highlights of this year’s commencement include:
- Jeffery Woods, DNP Executive Leadership, is the winner of American Sentinel University’s Founder’s Award presented to the graduate who has the highest grade-point average and has displayed determination and initiative in their student life.
- The Dean’s Awards for Academic Excellence will be presented to four graduates who demonstrated excellence in the graduating class: Randy Lopez, B.S. Nursing; Stephane Rosa, B.S. Information Systems Security; Ann Curtis, DNP Educational Leadership; Kerrin Follette, MBA Healthcare.
- Sherrill Dougherty, B.S. Nursing is the recipient of this year’s Joe. B. Wyatt Award presented to the graduate who has exhibited outstanding effort, energy and leadership in their student life.
- Jennifer Sawyer, M.S. Nursing, Education Specialization, is the winner of the Lt. Col. Paul J. Capicik Outstanding Military Student Award presented to the student who demonstrated unusual diligence and persistence in completing their studies.
- The Richard W. Oliver Merit Award will be presented to the following mid-program students who during the first half of their degree program exhibited originality of thought and thoroughness of study: Liliane Bagazonya, B.S. Nursing, Ivy Adijivon, DNP Executive Leadership, Russell Winburn, B.S. Information Technology.
- Kamala Steele, DNP Educational Leadership, is the recipient of the Mary A. Adams President’s Award honoring a student who exemplifies perseverance in their program of study toward earning their degree despite numerous obstacles. Steele can use this award toward tuition costs for three full courses in her chosen field of study.
- Honorary doctorates will be awarded to Dr. Atul Chauhan, keynote speaker and Townes Duncan, managing partner, Solidus Company, LP.
American Sentinel University awards honorary degrees to recognize outstanding achievement. Recipients receive a Doctor of Letters degree, and they are amongst the highest honors conferred by the university. Previous recipients have been models of excellence and service to the university’s students, graduates, and the world.
Three faculty members will be named as this year’s Board of Director’s Award winners presented annually to the American Sentinel faculty by a vote of students to honor the faculty members who have demonstrated uncommon commitment in assisting students to achieve their academic and career objectives. This year’s honorees include Stephen DiNello, M.A. Religious Studies, General Education faculty; Cheri Whiting, Ph.D. Organizational Leadership, IMT faculty; Barbara Pate, Ph.D., Nursing Faculty.
About American Sentinel University
American Sentinel University delivers the competitive advantages of accredited online nursing degree programs in nursing, informatics, MBA Health Care, DNP Executive Leadership and DNP Educational Leadership. Its affordable, flexible bachelor’s and master’s nursing degree programs are accredited by the Commission for the Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The DNP program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The university is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Accrediting Commission of DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.