Many companies, restaurants and recreational sites provide special military offers and discounts, especially to celebrate Veterans Day. Below are opportunities we have identified for the military community. To maximize your benefits, remember to always ask if military or veteran discounts are available before making purchases anywhere.
• NOV 1 – 26: KNOTT’S BERRY FARM – Knott’s Berry Farm pays tribute to past and present U.S. armed forces personnel during Veteran’s Month with park admission at no charge for both them and a guest. Up to six additional tickets can be purchased for only $15 each. Military ID or DD214 required for discount. Not valid for the evening event – Halloween Haunt. For details refer to http://www.knotts.com/public/admission/prices/deals.cfm
• NOV 6 – 11: LOWE’S – Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10% discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday Nov. 6 – 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. In addition to offering military discounts at specific times during the year Lowe’s has extended benefits for its employees serving in the military and offers employment opportunities to military personnel after their military service has ended. http://www.mca-marines.org/leatherneck/lowes-veterans-day-discount.asp
. • NOV 7 – COSCO – Herocare San Diego and Costco have partnered to offer a special shopping event in recognition of those who serve as heroes within the community. The event is being held Saturday, November 7 from 1800 – 2000 at Costco store locations in Santee, San Marcos, Vista, Poway, Temecula, Carmel Mountain, Carlsbad, Rancho Del Ray, La Mesa, Chula Vista, Lake Elsinore, and SESD. The event is to recognize those who work, at any level, active or retired in the following industries: Military Schools, Colleges, Medical, Fire, Police, CHP, Sheriff, State, City, County or non-profit agencies. Employees and their families are invited to attend for pictures with Santa Claus, refreshments, food samplings and opportunity drawings. Some locations will feature entertainment from local schools, police cars and fire trucks.
• NOV 8 – McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants is honoring veterans who have served in war and peace on Sunday, November 8 with a complimentary entree from a special menu upon presentation of proper authentication when you visit the restaurant. Acceptable ID includes VA card, discharge papers, DD214, or other veteran’s ID. For details refer to http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/featured-promotion/Veterans-Appreciation-Day.aspx
• NOV 11 – Applebees – Choose from five dinner entrees which will be provided at no charge at participating stores during business hours on Wednesday, November 11 to veterans who can identify themselves with an active/reserve/retired ID card or Veterans Organization Card. For details refer to http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx
• NOV 16 – Golden Corral – The 2009 Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, November 16 from 1700 to 2100 in all Golden Corral Restaurants. The no cost “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday dinner. Some form of ID indicating your service is required. For details refer to http://www.goldencorral.com/military/
• The Home Depot – The Home Depot offers at participating stores all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military veterans and their families a 10% discount off their purchases up to a maximum of $50 or $200 depending on the time of year.
• Sea World – Military Members can receive up to 4 free tickets for themselves and their dependants (discounted tickets available after your 4 free) each year.
• Disney World – Complimentary 5-day “Disney’s Armed Forces Salute” ticket which includes admission to all Disney World theme parks, including the water parks and DisneyQuest. Eligible military members can also purchase discounted Disney tickets for their friends and family – adult or child 5-day “Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Companion” ticket for up to 5 people for $99 per ticket (add $25 for access to all parks). A limited number of discounted Disney Resort hotel tickets are available. Offer Expires December 23, 2009.
• San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park – The zoo and wild animal park are free to active duty military all the time.
• USS Midway Tour – Tour the USS Midway (a great piece of WWII history) for free with your Military ID.
• Information Ticket & Tours (ITT) – offers great rates on tickets to many attractions. Visit http://www.usmc-mccs.org/itt/ to learn more.