You CAN Go Back to School: Debunking the Myths
Pop quizzes, heavy books, all-nighters – the glories of the old college days. Lucky for you, those old school ways are long gone! In fact, for nurses who are thinking of going back to school, today’s university setting isn’t anything like you remember. Today, earning a degree is much less intimidating and a lot more flexible than you could imagine.
Maybe you’ve always wanted to earn a BSN…or even an MSN. Or perhaps your employer is asking you to continue your education. If you’re considering going back to school, but are feeling very intimidated by the whole idea, this event is for you. Join our live virtual chat as we debunk the myths, provide plenty of supportive tips, and reaffirm that your decision is a good one.
We’ll tell you how nurses can go back to school and still balance work, family, and life. Topics will include:
- How higher education will benefit your career, as well as you personally.
- Why the online learning model is usually more collaborative and flexible than brick-and-mortar schools.
- How to get support from your manager, co-workers, and family.
- How your years of experience can benefit you in the classroom.
- Current academic requirements and how you can meet them.
This live Q&A is hosted by NurseTogether.com and American Sentinel University, and will present a one-of-a-kind opportunity for you to ask questions and get answers. Our guest experts will be Joy Green-Hadden, MSN, RN, and E.M. Garcia, DHEd, DNS, MSN, RN.
- When: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- What: a live, virtual chat featuring Joy Green-Hadden and E.M. Garcia, American Sentinel faculty members
- How: To participate in the chat, just log in with your username and password. (If you’re not a NurseTogether member, you can register for a free membership here. There’s no cost or obligation.)
- For complete information: NurseTogether.com