Team American Sentinel: Devon Putnam

Team American Sentinel: Devon Putnam

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Devon Putnam, Student Success Director

What is your favorite part about your position at American Sentinel?

I believe that obtaining a degree is one of the most important and outstanding feats that one can accomplish, so I love that I work with a team whose entire mission is to help people achieve their goals. I love the people on my team, and I love that they take so much pride in building relationships with students and offering exceptional service. I’m lucky to work in a department that directly makes a difference in the lives of others.

What is your favorite inspirational quote?

When I taught high school, I used to have a poster in my classroom that read, “You are the author of your own life story.” I love that quote. When things aren’t going as planned, I try to remind myself that I am in charge of where my story is headed. It’s empowering.

If you could only watch one movie the rest of your life, what would it be?

It’s a toss up between “Forrest Gump” and “Remember the Titans.”

What was your favorite Halloween costume you ever had?

My mom made me an elf costume one year for Halloween; I’m not sure if it was my all-time favorite, but it definitely got the most use. I think I wore it for three years in a row because it took my mom so long to make.

What song are you currently grooving to?

Because I have a one-year-old, I spend a lot of time on Pandora’s children stations. We groove to “Bringing Home My Baby Bumblebee,” and “Row, Row, Row Your Boat,” more than I care to admit. When I’m in the car without her, I take advantage of the time with audiobooks.

What is your favorite thing about Autumn?

I love everything cliche about Autumn – scarves, hot chocolate, campfires, and the crisp weather, but most of all, I LOVE pumpkin patches. I drive my family crazy with multiple pumpkin patch trips every year, and I have a ridiculous amount of pumpkin decorating supplies – paint, glitter, stickers, etc. It’s one of my favorite holiday traditions.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team