Team American Sentinel: Natalie Nixon

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Natalie Nixon, VP of Admissions

What is your favorite fall activity?

Fall for my husband and I usually involves lots of horse shows and riding as much as we can. We also like to hike with the dog – basically anything outdoors.

Who is your favorite singer?

Overall, I would have to say Neil Diamond, but George Strait comes in at a close second. My favorite song has always been “One Tin Soldier,” the theme song from the movie “Billy Jack.”

Do you have a favorite quote?

Yes, it’s “life is not a dress rehearsal.”

What is your favorite part about your position at American Sentinel University?

So many things come to mind; but I would have to say working with the individuals on my team and being part of a university that values its students are the two top items on the list.

If you had a time machine, where would you go?

I am infatuated with the Victorian Era and would love to meet my family from that time.

Why did you decide to pursue a career in advanced education?

I actually didn’t pursue my now 26-year career in higher education – it found me. I was offered a position with ACCIS as the Director of International programs, and as they say, the rest is history.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team