Team American Sentinel: Natalie Hunter

Team American Sentinel: Natalie Hunter

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Natalie Hunter, Director, Financial Aid and Compliance

What is your favorite holiday tradition?

I have two. We go to children’s service on Christmas Eve – I love to see all the children holding their little candles and dropping them on the floor. *smile* The second is that while I never bake any other time of the year, I love to bake Christmas cookies. They are never pretty but they are yummy. Well, most of the time.

What is the last book you read and liked?

Okay, no judging! The Beekeeper’s Ball. If you look it up you’ll know what I mean. 

What person from history do you most admire?

There are many, but being from Ireland I will choose someone from that part of the world. That person is John Hume. I was born in Northern Ireland and grew up during a time we called “The Troubles” (the thirty-year conflict over the constitutional status of Northern Ireland). John Hume was considered the principal architect behind the peace agreement and won a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in finding a peaceful solution to the conflict.

What is your favorite part about working at American Sentinel University?

The people that work at American Sentinel – most especially my own team. I consider us to be a family.

How did you end up working in advanced education?

I started working for a university on an Air Force base a long time ago. That lead to working in a financial aid department for a proprietary school, which led to my lifelong career in financial aid – and now compliance. 

What is your favorite saying or quote?

“Eight is a lot of legs David” said of course with an accent. This actually means nothing, but it is my favorite line from a movie (“Love Actually“) and I say it to David on my team all the time, for no particular reason. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team