Team American Sentinel: Mary Adams

Team American Sentinel: Mary Adams

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Mary Adams, President and Chief Academic Officer

What is your favorite part about your position at American Sentinel?

I love working with smart, talented people and we have a lot here! I also love seeing our students succeed – but most of all, I LOVE commencement!

What is your New Year’s resolution?

To get healthier, move more, and reach my goal by my big milestone birthday in July 2016. 

What is your favorite quote?

“In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.” I’m not entirely sure who said it. 

Who is your favorite music artist or group?

It really depends on my mood. I love the Beach Boys and the Beatles from my youth. Adele though is simply amazing for a more contemporary artist. 

What is your dream vacation?

A cruise to somewhere wonderful with plenty of time to see things, read, relax and spend time with my husband, Tim.

What thought or message would you want to put in a fortune cookie for someone to find?

“You can find something to be grateful for in almost every situation if you just look for it.” Sometimes you have to tilt your head a little to see things differently. But when you do, if you are open to it, you will find something to feel happy about. And if you can’t change the outcome don’t waste time obsessing about it – move onto something where you can actually make a difference. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team