Team American Sentinel: Yalanda Brooks

Team American Sentinel: Yalanda Brooks

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Yalanda Brooks, Administrative Support

What is your New Year’s resolution?

To become a better person in 2016 than I was in 2015. I always strive to do better and to become better.

What is your favorite movie?

The Five Heartbeats.”

What is your favorite quote?

“Who loves you baby.” It’s something that my father would always say to me at the end of every conversation we ever had.

What is your favorite part of your position at American Sentinel?

My favorite part of my position is being able to help people every day.

If you could add anyone to Mount Rushmore, who would you add?

I would add my mother – she was everything to me. Not only was she my mother, but she was also my friend. We could talk about anything and she allowed me the freedom to be me without apology; she taught me to love myself unconditionally.

If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do with the money?

I would first donate a good portion, then I would buy a car and a house and save the rest. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team