Team American Sentinel: Carolyn Rupp

Team American Sentinel: Carolyn Rupp

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Carolyn Rupp, Senior Student Success Advisor

What leader (living or dead) would you like to meet?

I’d like to meet President Thomas Jefferson and speak with him about his views on how our world has evolved since his time, and what he thinks of our current banking systems.

What is your favorite book?

I love books! My reading material follows my mood or current interest. I enjoy romance, murder, and medical mysteries for easy reading. I can read a thick medical book for hours on end. I like biographies, scientific, and other factual books for the sheer enjoyment of information gathering. Erma Bombeck’s The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank or any of Zig Ziglar or Norman Vincent Peal’s motivational books always put a smile on my face. A longtime favorite book of mine is A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter.

What’s your favorite inspirational/motivational quote?

“Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference.” – Robert Frost

I think I was in my late teens when I first read this quote and it made a lasting impression on me. To me it meant to travel my own unique path and to not follow the masses – to be down-to-earth and to do more than expected. The road less traveled is taking the path that may not be the conventional or traditional direction, but surely offers an adventure. This being said, some of my other all-time favorite quotes were from the great minds of Zig Ziglar, Norman Vincent Peal, and Dale Carnegie. 

What is your favorite part of winter? 

I love the smell of a crackling fire in the fireplace on a cold winter night and I think it is beautiful to watch snow blowing at night. In the morning, right after a snow, I love how bright and serene the roads look when you are the first one to walk or drive across the new snow. In my case, if driving, it is best if no one else is around, since I’m a southern gal and wasn’t raised in the snow. I am still a little timid driving in the snow – but it really is pretty to gaze upon. 

What is your favorite part about your position at American Sentinel?

Helping students! Once I leave home and get into work, my mood always jumps up a notch. There is nothing better than connecting with students and helping them pursue their goals. I value the relationships I share with students, teammates, co-workers, faculty, and our nursing leadership. I have many wonderful memories from my almost four years at American Sentinel University. 

What animal would be your “spirit animal”?

Without a doubt, a dog would be my spirit animal. Dogs are pure love and loyal to a fault. They seem to take the world one moment at a time, enjoying each of those moments completely. You can’t really beat their life – they eat, sleep, and play! I’m pretty sure I have a kindred spirit with dogs. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team MSN