Team American Sentinel: Christine Hansen

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Christine Hansen, Vice President, Operations

If you were a healthcare worker, what area would you like to work in (pediatrics, oncology, etc.)?

Emergency, definitely in the ER. I like the variety of tasks, the idea of being able to address an issue then moving on to the next issue, and the fast-paced critical thinking environment.

What is your favorite song, or musical artist?

The Beatles! And my favorite Beatles song is “Here Comes the Sun” – it reminds me of all the sunny days in Colorado which make even a cold day seem better.

What is your favorite quote?

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.” – Maya Angelou

What’s your favorite part about your position?

I really like being part of Healthcare Learning Innovations from the early stages, helping to shape how it looks, and being involved in a variety of tasks. I can see such exciting things with Healthcare Learning Innovations – the courses it offers, the unique learning techniques, the innovative technology – and to be a part of it is exciting!

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be (calories don’t count!)?

Pancakes! I love pancakes, with or without syrup. A really good pancake needs nothing at all.

What is your favorite season and why?

Spring. It’s the time when everything starts anew. Trees and flowers blossom, and everything smells clean after the rain. It’s a season full of hope.

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

HLI Meet the Team