Team American Sentinel: Trevor Rasmusson

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Trevor Rasmusson, Manager, Learning Innovations for Healthcare Learning Innovations

If you were a healthcare worker, what area would you like to work in (i.e. Pediatrics, ER, etc.)?

I actually started my career in healthcare as a surgical technician at a county hospital. i did that through college, before changing my focus to healthcare education. Growing up, I always thought I would be a surgeon – fate had other plans it seems. 

What is your favorite book?

The Republic by Plato.

What is your favorite quote?

“Your hands are tied in action, but your hands are not tied in imagination. Everything springs forth from the imagination. EVERYTHING.” – Abraham Hicks

What’s your favorite part about your position at Healthcare Learning Innovations with American Sentinel University?

I’m convinced that I have the best job at the university! I get to be creative and play with new “toys” every day! I love it!!

If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I prefer a mix of country, rock, and a dash of drama – so Grace Potter and the Nocturnals’ “Stars” would be an excellent choice for me!

What is your favorite thing in nature (snow, redwoods, stars, etc.)?

I love the fresh air in the fall. Cool, crisp, refreshing mountain air in quiet solitude, surrounded by an untouched Rocky Mountain landscape is what my dreams are made of. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

HLI Meet the Team