Team American Sentinel: Julie Alexander

Team American Sentinel: Julie Alexander

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Julie Alexander, Manager of Community College Relationships and Business Development

What is your favorite song, or musical artist?

I’ve always been a big Cat Stevens fan (back when he was still Cat Stevens). His Pandora station always puts me in a good mood. I jumped on that Peace Train!

What’s your favorite part about your position at American Sentinel?

I love working with a company where so much is evolving. It’s fun to see and be a part of our new initiatives that anticipate the future direction of the healthcare and education industries. It’s refreshing to have the power to bring up new ideas and pursue them. 

What is your favorite thing to do outside work?

My husband and I are big road trippers, and Colorado is a very accommodating state for our lifestyle. We pick a cool spot on the map and take a beautiful drive to find nature and camp outdoors. We’re trying to drive over all the off-road mountain passes in the state.

What is your favorite quote?

I love inspirational quotes and constantly have a new favorite. I have a quote journal that I started in middle school and it is packed with scribbled quotes and scraps of paper (and some fortune cookie “fortunes”). My current favorite I recently discovered is by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor – “Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space.” I try to remember this when I walk into meetings or someone else’s office. 

What is something that your co-workers might be surprised to find out about you?

Every time I leave the grocery store, I run a few steps and then jump up on the cart and glide through the parking lot until I am about to hit a car or my arms get tired (I have surprisingly little arm strength).

If you were a healthcare worker, what are would you like to work in (ER, pediatrics, etc.)?

I think I’d love to be a neonatal nurse like my Mom was. She has some incredible stories from her years in the NICU and still hears from some of the parents of babies she helped deliver and care for 30 years ago! Although emotionally tough, I think it would be wonderful to assist in this momentous event in people’s lives. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

DNP Meet the Team