Team American Sentinel: Kris Skalsky

Team American Sentinel: Kris Skalsky, MSNEd, Ed.D., RN

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Associate Professor for Nursing, Kris Skalsky, MSNEd, Ed.D., RN

What is your favorite part of being a nurse educator?

Being able to help my students succeed. My absolute favorite moments occur when my students successfully defend their final capstone project and I am the first one to call them by the title “Doctor.”

What is your favorite movie or TV show?

I love to watch “The Big Bang Theory.” My husband is definitely Sheldon, and I am probably more Amy that I care to admit. My two cats are even named Sheldon and Leonard. 

What is your favorite motivational quote?

“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

What’s your favorite part about your position with American Sentinel University?

I am so blessed to be part of the American Sentinel team. I can honestly say that my favorite part is working with an amazing leadership team, and incredible faculty members who really want to develop the best courses possible and strive for student success. The ability to work from home doing what I love while in comfy clothes is definitely a strong second. *smiles*

What is something that your co-workers might be surprised to find out about you?

I am not sure if this is a surprise, but I am a coffee-aholic, and I wish Starbucks was closer to my house. 

What is your favorite thing to do outside work?

I love spending time with my husband and family. With seven kids, we are always busy at a child’s sporting event, or some other kid-related function, but when we can get away my husband and I love to go on little mini-dates. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team