Team American Sentinel: Abigail Blades

Team American Sentinel: Abigail Blades

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Student Success Advisor, Abigail Blades

If you were a healthcare worker, what area would you like to work in (pediatrics, ER, etc.) and why?

I worked as a clinical researcher working with umbilical cord blood for three years. Two of those years I spent working in the Labor and Delivery department of St. Joseph’s Hospital, where I consented mothers who were willing to donate their umbilical cord and then collected the blood at the time of birth. 

What is your favorite movie or TV show?

My favorite TV show is “Parks and Recreation,” only because I actually finished all seven seasons – I usually get bored after the first season so that is quite an accomplishment. As for my favorite movie – I’m a sucker for anything Pixar.

What is your favorite quote?

I have two favorite quotes. “It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore and; “Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” – President Abraham Lincoln.

What’s your favorite part of your position at American Sentinel?

I really like my co-workers – everyone has been so helpful, down-to-earth, and forgiving of my beginner’s mistakes. 

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Either fresh watermelon or jalapeno poppers.

What are you most excited for this summer?

BBQs all summer long!

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team