Team American Sentinel: Brian Long

Team American Sentinel: Brian Long

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Student Success Advisor, Brian Long

If you were a healthcare worker, what are would you like to work in (pediatrics, ER, etc.) and why?

If I could work in any healthcare area, it would be the operating room. The OR is a place where hope and progress can be seen on a day-to-day basis. This is also a place where one can be reminded that failure is inevitable, even among the most successful of times. I like the aspect of helping others and being there for people in need.

What is your favorite book or author?

Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

What is your favorite quote?

“He looks back and decides that all those years he suffered, those were the best years of his life, ’cause they made him who he was. All those years he was happy? You know, total waste – didn’t learn a thing.” – Frank from “Little Miss Sunshine”

What is your favorite part of your position at American Sentinel?

My favorite part of being a student success advisor is being able to assist students in the way I would have wanted to be assisted when I was a student. Having graduated somewhat recently, I find it easy to empathize with students with it comes to the complex arena that is higher education. I like knowing that my efforts and work can potentially give a student a better experience when obtaining their degree.

If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Transatlanticism” by Death Cab for Cutie

What is your favorite part of summer?

My favorite part of summer are outdoor concerts. There’s nothing better than dancing like the floor is on fire to some live music on a beautiful sunny day.

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.

Meet the Team