Team American Sentinel: Heather Black

Team American Sentinel: Heather Black

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Relationship Marketing Manager, Heather Black

If you were a healthcare worker, what area would you like to work in (pediatrics, ER, etc.)?

I absolutely love children and babies. I would work in pediatrics – no question. 

What is your favorite quote?

“No one is you and that is your power.” – Dave Grohl

What is your favorite part about your position with American Sentinel?

I love working for an organization that offers programs that can truly impact someone’s life for the better. It feels good to “sell” a product that can benefit so many people – both healthcare professionals and their patients. 

As Nelson Mandela so powerfully stated, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”

If you weren’t in education, what would you want to be doing?

My dream job would be a documentary filmmaker. I am a big fan of documentaries. I actually have a degree in Journalism – I love telling stories. My husband sometimes calls me “Diane Sawyer” because I ask a million questions – about everything. I can’t help it, I love learning about new things and really getting to know people. 

What is something about you that your co-workers would be surprised by?

I love getting to concerts – A LOT! Especially at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. My favorite concert to date is Mumford and Sons at Red Rocks in 2012. The show ended with a confetti canon – it doesn’t get much better than that. 

What’s your favorite TV show?

“Game of Thrones!” I’m on Team Daenerys. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.