Team American Sentinel: Kristi Burrell

Team American Sentinel: Kristi Burrell

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Director of Admissions, Kristi Burrell

What is your favorite part of your position with American Sentinel?

In my over 21 years of experience here, my favorite part is working with students. I’ve developed relationships with them and there is a satisfaction that cannot be described knowing you are helping someone to better themselves. Walking with them through the fear and doubts that crop up and being able to see how they reap the rewards of their hard work is so gratifying.

What is your favorite inspirational quote?

That’s a tough one, it’s a tie between: “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings and “I love the person I’ve become because I fought to become her.” – Kaci Diane. 

What do you like to do outside work?

I enjoy spending time with my family, with friends, reading a good book, binge watching a great show on Netflix, lounging around the house with my two dogs, playing tennis, and of course shopping for a great bargain because I am that kind of woman. *smiles*

What is your favorite part of autumn?

Hands down, the changing of the leaves…the spectrum of colors are incredible and it’s just so beautiful to see while driving or walking around. Once all the leaves fall, we know it’s a sign of death and rebirth; there’s something spiritual about that to me.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Since I am a fan of science fiction this is actually something I have thought about before along with the fact that with great power comes greater responsibility as the saying goes. My superpower would be mind control, the ability to control the minds of others…scary when you think about it. 

As a child, what did you want to be “when you grew up”?

I went through many phases in my childhood. There was fashion designer, lawyer, and boutique owner to name a few. I briefly thought about doctor, but too much blood makes me woozy. I didn’t just want to be one thing. 

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.

Subscribe to receive upcoming articles via email.