To be eligible to apply for federal student aid, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or a General Educational Development certificate.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Enroll as a regular student in an eligible higher education program.
- Be registered with the Selective Service office, if applicable (males 18 and older).
- Have a valid Social Security Number (exceptions for non-citizens).
- Be in good standing on any previously received federal financial aid (no defaults).
- Remain in good academic standing by meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, which are outlined in the academic catalog.
Your U.S. Department of Education FSA ID
Creating your U.S. Department of Education FSA ID is the first step in the financial aid application process. You must apply for your FSA ID prior to completing the FAFSA form. You, and your parent if you are a dependent student should get an FSA ID as soon as possible. You can apply for an FSA ID at any time, but in some cases, you’ll need to wait up to three days before you are able to use you FSA ID, so we recommend registering early.
The FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use. You are not authorized to create and FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member. Create your FSA ID.
Start the FAFSA application. Remember to:
- Select American Sentinel University as your school so that we may receive your FAFSA results and your Institutional Student Information Record electronically. The American Sentinel University school code is 041277.
- Use your PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Click on “Submit My FAFSA Now.” This is step 10 of 10 on the online FAFSA site.
- Write down your confirmation number and estimated Expected Family Contribution.
After your FAFSA has been processed, you will be notified via email that your Student Aid Report (SAR) is available to view, print or correct, if needed. Be sure to review your SAR for errors and check that the American Sentinel University school code (041277) is on it.