Health care in the information age is dramatically different than the health care of yesterday. In the wake of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the Affordable Care Act, Meaningful Use mandates and more, American Sentinel understands the importance of offering health technology degree programs that prepare students for careers in data solutions, informatics, data research, business analysis, nursing informatics and more. Our programs address the needs of today’s—and tomorrow’s – health care organizations.
Our online programs – from software development and networking, from information security to geographic information systems—develop professionals at various stages in their careers and prepare students to be instrumental in improving the organizations they work for through technology.
- Relevant: our programs use immersive learning technology to foster program comprehension, which leads to immediate application at your work and positive impact on your career – with a healthcare specialization our programs provide you not only with the core working knowledge of informatics and technology skills that can be applied in any industry – they also differentiate you to position yourself for a career in the fast growing healthcare space.
- Flexible: our classes are 100% online so you can work around your busy schedule.
- Affordable: we have one of the lowest tuition rates among our peers.
American Sentinel offers the following distance education informatics and technology programs:
- M.S. Computer Science
- M.S. Information Systems Management
- Master of Health Care Informatics
- M.S. Nursing, nursing informatics specialization
About Our Online Technology Degree Programs
- Our M.S. Computer Science helps students interested in building their programming abilities to work in health care information systems. Students gain knowledge about algorithms, machine architecture, complex programming and software design.
- Our M.S. Information Systems Management teaches students the strategic skills needed to integrate a health care organization’s information systems with its management goals.
- Our Master of Health Care Informatics teaches students the necessary skills to make organizational data usable for management, patient care decision-making, facility performance improvements and more.
- Our MSN, nursing informatics specialization, prepares experienced nurses to manage health information systems that are critical to the mission of health care delivery systems.