Health care in the information age is dramatically different than the health care of yesterday. In the wake of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the Affordable Care Act, Meaningful Use mandates and more, American Sentinel understands the importance of offering health technology degree programs that prepare students for careers in data solutions, informatics, data research, business analysis, nursing informatics and more. Our programs address the needs of today’s—and tomorrow’s—health care organizations.
Our online programs—from software development and networking, from information security to geographic information systems—develop professionals at various stages in their careers and prepare students to be instrumental in improving the organizations they work for through technology.
American Sentinel offers the following distance education programs:
- A.S. Geographic Information Systems
- B.S. Geographic Information Systems
- Master of Geospatial Information Systems
- Geospatial Information Systems Graduate Certificate
- M.S. Computer Science
- M.S. Information Systems Management
- Master of Health Care Informatics
- M.S. Nursing, nursing informatics specialization
About Our Online Technology Degree Programs
American Sentinel offers one associate degree, one bachelor’s degree, five master’s degrees and one certificate in various areas of the technology field. Choose from the following online programs:
Online Associate Degrees
- Our fast-track A.S. Geographic Information Systems prepares students to transfer into four-year degree programs in geographic information systems and for entry-level positions in the field.
Online Bachelor’s Degrees
- Our B.S. Geographic Information Systems teaches students to use spatial data to uncover patterns, trends and relationships.
Online Master’s Degrees
- Our M.S. Computer Science helps students interested in building their programming abilities to work in health care information systems. Students gain knowledge about algorithms, machine architecture, complex programming and software design.
- Our M.S. Information Systems Management teaches students the strategic skills needed to integrate a health care organization’s information systems with its management goals.
- Our Master of Geospatial Information Systems gives students the geospatial competencies and knowledge to incorporate geospatial strategies into their organizations.
- Our Master of Health Care Informatics teaches students the necessary skills to make organizational data usable for management, patient care decision-making, facility performance improvements and more.
- Our MSN, nursing informatics specialization, prepares experienced nurses to manage health information systems that are critical to the mission of health care delivery systems.
Online Graduate Certificates
- Our Geospatial Information Systems Graduate Certificate is a 15-credit-hour program that focuses on the real-world use of geospatial information to address organizational challenges.