A Student's Story
Joshua took advantage of the university’s special military education benefits, including reduced tuition rates, the school’s ability to accept TA payments, and the minimal need for internet access while completing course work around unpredictable military work schedules.
Our Master of Science Business Intelligence and Analytics (MSBIA) program prepares professionals to use business intelligence to make strategic decisions and identify opportunities to improve processes and operations. The online MS in Business Intelligence Program teaches students to use data to understand, improve and quantify business operations.
Affordable and Attainable
- Our competitive tuition rates and flexible payment options allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.
- Graduation may be closer than you think with our Life Experience and Transfer Credits program. Up to 50 percent of Master’s degree requirements can be earned through a combination of prior completed college course work and life experience transfer credit.
- According to the Healthcare Information Management System Society (HIMSS), clinical and business intelligence has the power to positively impact patient care delivery, health outcomes and business operations in the healthcare industry.
- American Sentinel is a HIMSS Academic Affiliate – providing our students with resources that can help them enhance their technology management skills.
- Our MSBIA classes are 100% online and designed for working professionals, giving you the convenience to participate in classes around your busy schedule.
- Classes are eight weeks in length and start monthly– a benefit you cannot find at most schools.
Our online masters in business intelligence and analytics courses teach students innovative decision-making abilities, arming students with the skills to improve their organizations. Here are a few business intelligence course highlights:
- Data Analytics (BUSI510): Examines how data mining can identify trends (such as business process trends or in competition) using algorithms and other analytical methods.
- Balanced Scorecards and Performance Dashboards (BUIS520): Students study key performance indicators and how they can effectively drive organizational change.
- Business Performance Management (BUSI530): This course focuses on driving business strategy by setting performance objectives and through organization structures and management processes. Students also learn about managing teams and individuals toward performance objectives.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Systems Tools (BUSI550): Introduces students to business intelligence tools including analytical tools, ETL tools, and modeling and integration tools. The course discusses the nature of these tools as well as best practices for their effective application.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master’s in Business Intelligence and Analytics will be able to:
- Assess the organization’s business and healthcare case for business intelligence and analytics systems.
- Formulate business intelligence and analytics systems and process requirements.
- Organize business intelligence and analytics team and responsibility requirements.
- Correlate business and healthcare functions and processes related to the business intelligence and analytics applications.