Our CCNE-accredited MSN, case management program teaches nurses to deliver personalized services to patients. The program focus is improving patient care through understanding patient referrals, planning and delivery of care, evaluating patient results, and evaluating overall program effectiveness.
Relevant to Market Needs
- Our MSN, case management program is recognized by U.S. News and Report as being among the “Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs.”
- Our MSN, case management graduates are prepared to assume roles in healthcare systems, insurance and health maintenance organizations and specialty case management firms.
- Our competitive tuition rates and flexible payment options allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.
Flexible Online Format
- Our MSN, case management classes are 100% online and designed for working professionals, giving you the convenience and control to participate in classes around your busy schedule.
- Classes are eight weeks in length and start monthly– a benefit you cannot find at most schools.
Our Relevant Case Management Curriculum
The specialization builds upon the standards of the Case Management Society of America core curriculum, with additional emphasis on distance client management using technology. Professors introduce students to the process of life care planning.
The nursing programs at American Sentinel University contain practice experiences. This is done to meet the accreditor requirement that RN to BSN, RN to MSN, MSN or DNP programs include practice experiences in the curricula to enable students to achieve the required educational competencies (AACN White Paper, Oct. 2012; DNP Essentials for Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, 2006; ACEN 2013 Standards). These practice experiences have specific objectives, expected outcomes and competencies.
Practice experiences are not like the clinical experiences you completed to obtain your degree as a registered nurse. Practice experiences do not involve hands-on patient care. They are designed to provide you with the opportunity to apply the concepts and knowledge you learn in the nursing courses.
See MSN Practice Experience Guide for more information.
Case Management Course Highlights
Our rigorous curriculum covers a breadth of issues in nursing and health care, giving nurses the foundation and skills to expand their practice. Here are a few of the MSN degree program’s key courses:
- Clinical and Administrative Systems (508PE) provides the foundation of clinical information collection, processing, recording, and use to support decision-making in healthcare environments. Emphasis will be placed on compliance with regulatory standards and safety and quality implement efforts. This course includes practice experience hours.
- Process of Case Management (N542) examines the nursing process as it relates to quality improvement, patient outcomes and client plan development. Guides students who continue on to take the case management capstone course.
- Case Management Capstone (N555CPE) is the culminating experience for the M.S. Nursing, case management specialization student. Addresses issues relating to the development and implementation of new case management programs and evaluation of existing case management programs.
What You’ll Learn in Our MSN Case Management Program
Graduates of the MSN program, case management specialization, will be able to:
- Analyze the role of nurse case management within an interdisciplinary team.
- Apply case management theories to patient care plan development.
- Appraise patient care innovations as it applies to life care planning and evaluation of outcomes.
- Analyze the financial and ethical aspects of case management in various settings.