“I honestly believe my MSN degree has made me the leader I am today.”
“We are in the midst of a historic time in healthcare and what I have learned at American Sentinel is very true to what is actually happening in healthcare today. It really has been of great value to me.”
“I chose American Sentinel because of the curriculum, the condensed eight-week classes and the fact that it is a military-friendly university.”
“I have a great background in nursing, but I knew this was the best way to give myself opportunities.”
About Our Online MSN Nursing Leadership and Management Program
From conflict resolution (and nurse bullying) to human resource management, to implementation of electronic health records; nurse managers today need advanced practice skills to take on management challenges. Our CCNE-accredited MSN, nursing management and organizational leadership program prepares nurses to lead in the ever-evolving healthcare field. At American Sentinel, get the evidence-based nursing skills you need to excel your career.
Relevant to Market Needs
- Our MSN, nursing leadership program is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as being among the “Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs.”
- Our MSN, nursing leadership program graduates are prepared to assume roles in nursing administration and healthcare management where they will: manage resources, collaborate with other professionals, and apply technology and critical thinking to their jobs.
- Our competitive tuition rates and flexible payment options allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.
Flexible Online Format
- Our MSN nursing leadership classes are 100% online and designed for working professionals, giving you the convenience and control to participate in classes around your busy schedule.
- Classes are eight weeks in length and start monthly – a benefit you cannot find at most online nursing schools.
Our MSN Nursing Leadership Curriculum
Through case studies and hands-on course work, nurses examine the various human resource challenges facing an organization as well as the dynamic nature of the strategic planning and management processes. Courses cover long-range planning, including budgeting, analysis, reporting and developing a capital budget.
The nursing programs at American Sentinel University contain practice experiences. This is done to meet the accreditor requirement that RN to BSN, RN to MSN, MSN or DNP programs include practice experiences in the curricula to enable students to achieve the required educational competencies (AACN White Paper, Oct. 2012; DNP Essentials for Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, 2006; ACEN 2013 Standards). These practice experiences have specific objectives, expected outcomes and competencies.
Practice experiences are not like the clinical experiences you completed to obtain your degree as a registered nurse. Practice experiences do not involve hands-on patient care. They are designed to provide you with the opportunity to apply the concepts and knowledge you learn in the nursing courses.
See MSN Practice Experiences for more information.
MSN Nursing Leadership and Management Course Highlights
Our rigorous curriculum covers a breadth of issues in nursing and health care, giving nurses the foundation and skills to expand their practice. Here are a few of the MSN nursing leadership program’s key courses:
- Human Resources Management (N525PE) addresses the challenge of recruiting, motivating and retaining key individuals in health care delivery and administrative roles. Introduces topics such as the strategic role of human resources, and hiring, motivating, appraising, retaining and releasing employees. This course includes practice experience hours.
- Health Care Strategic Management and Planning (N545PE): Students investigate the processes of determining the direction of a health care system by establishing objectives and designing and implementing strategies. Stresses the dynamic nature of related issues in a rapidly evolving health care delivery system. This course includes practice experience hours.
- Management and Organizational Leadership Capstone (N555PE) introduces systematic investigation of nursing problems. Includes a historical overview of research in nursing and current research priorities, classroom practice in critically reviewing published literature and the systematic review of research findings. This course contains practice experience activities.
What You’ll Learn in Our MSN Nursing Leadership and Management Program
Graduates of the MSN program, nursing management and organizational leadership specialization, will be able to:
- Analyze organizational structures and policies to address organizational issues.
- Appraise strategic, operational and financial planning processes in health care settings.
- Implement human resource management principles as an organizational leader.
- Internalize various organizational and leadership concepts into personal leadership values.
The mission of the MSN program is to prepare highly qualified professional nursing personnel to serve global healthcare communities as administrators, educators, and informatics specialists.
Are You Eligible
- Active, unencumbered RN license
- Bachelor of science nursing degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Up to 18 credit hours can be transferred in
- Foreign students must hold a comparable degree as determined by NACES member outside evaluation service
- No GRE or other placement test is required service
American Sentinel values your privacy. Your information will only be accessible to American Sentinel University.
MSN Open House:Tues., October 11, 2-3 p.m. EDT
Thinking about earning your Master of Science Nursing degree with American Sentinel University? Join American Sentinel's Admissions department and a nursing faculty member as they answer your questions in an MSN-specific online open house.Reserve Your Seat Today!