American Sentinel University believes academic integrity is the foundation of the academic community. Every member of the American Sentinel University community is responsible for promoting and maintaining honesty within the institution.
Students shall submit written or other work that is the product of their own efforts and was not accomplished dishonestly. Academic dishonesty includes the following:
- Copying from another student’s paper.
- Using material not authorized by the course instructor to complete an assignment or examination (for example, referring to the book on a non-open-book exam.
- Collaborating with another student during an examination without permission.
- Collusion by obtaining or giving another student unauthorized assistance in course work.
- Falsification of any examination, paper, record, assignment or report.
- Knowingly using, buying, selling, stealing or soliciting contents of an examination, paper, record, assignment or report.
- Representing oneself as another student for the purpose of taking an examination or allowing oneself to be represented by another for the same reason.
- Cheating of any kind.
- Furnishing false or misleading information to school officials or on official records.
- Forging, altering or misusing the school name, the name of any school employee, documents, records, or identification.
- Using any technology to infringe upon the rights of others.
- Using technology (or verbally threatening to do so) to take any action that endangers or impairs the safety, health, life or freedom of any person affiliated with American Sentinel University.
- Students not conducting themselves in a professional and courteous manner in the classroom environment.
- Students who violate any policy of American Sentinel University. Violators may also be in breach of student responsibilities and subject to action up to and including dismissal from the university.