At American Sentinel, we understand that faculty (full time and adjunct) are key to student success as they have the central responsibility for achieving our mission to “…provide high-quality, innovative degree and certificate programs that enable students to enhance their professional and civic lives.”
Faculty are responsible for programs, courses, instruction, service, and scholarship. At American Sentinel we have created a work environment for our faculty that is connected and inclusive, respectful and supports a free exchange of ideas, and rewards student-centered quality learning outcomes.
To achieve our goals, American Sentinel pledges to our faculty that we will, to the best of our ability:
- Promote a culture among faculty that is inclusive and respectful.
- Offer ongoing dialog with administration to hear ideas, concerns, and suggestions.
- Provide a response to faculty requests within 24 hours.
- Provide proper funding for the development and ongoing support of programs.
- Ensure that faculty are represented on department and university committees.
- Ensure that our learning management system meets or exceeds our goal of 99.9% uptime.
- Ensure our pay is fair, equitable, and competitive.
- Provide relevant and timely training opportunities.
- Establish annual teaching schedules so that faculty can count on us.
- Receive an annual performance review and reward excellent performance in teaching, service, and scholarship.
We ask in return that faculty support our mission and our goal to provide superior student engagement and satisfaction.