President of Rogers Investment Group to Deliver Keynote Address
AURORA, Colo. – June 13, 2017 – American Sentinel University will celebrate the academic achievements of its 2016-2017 graduates in nursing, technology, and healthcare management disciplines at its twelfth commencement ceremony to be held on Friday, June 16 at 9:30 a.m. MDT in Boettcher Concert Hall at the Denver Performing Arts Complex. The event will be webcast live.
Benjamin “Ben” Rechter, President of Rogers Group Investments Inc., the largest privately owned aggregates firm in the nation, will deliver the keynote address.
“The mission of American Sentinel University is embodied in our keynote speaker whose company mission proclaims that ‘Together, we create opportunities for people to succeed,’” says Mary Adams, President and Chief Academic Officer of American Sentinel University. “Education is the core pillar in one’s life, often paramount to future success. The completion of advanced levels of education demonstrates our students’ drive and commitment to learn and apply information, ideas, and theories while mastering the skills needed to create opportunities to succeed in today’s challenging healthcare and business landscapes. We are honored to recognize their outstanding academic achievement.”
American Sentinel is proud that 256 graduates in this year’s graduating class with either a doctorate or master’s nursing degree are members of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), The Honor Society of Nursing, and the second-largest non-profit nursing organization in the world with approximately 125,000 active members.
Key highlights of this year’s commencement include:
- Nancy Seebert, M.S. Nursing, Education Specialization, is the recipient of American Sentinel University’s Founder’s Award, presented to the graduate who has the highest grade-point average and has displayed determination and initiative in their student life.
- The Dean’s Awards for Academic Excellence will be presented to three graduates who demonstrated distinction in the graduating class: Oluwaseun Matthew, MBA Healthcare, Sybilla Ruhl, B.S. Nursing, Delanta McCall, M.S. Nursing, Nursing Management and Organizational Leadership Specialization.
- Maria Mackey, DNP Educational Leadership, is the recipient of this year’s Joe. B. Wyatt Award presented to the graduate who has exhibited outstanding effort, energy, and leadership in their student life.
- Thomas Walsh, B.S. Geographic Information Systems, is the recipient of the Lt. Col. Paul J. Capicik Outstanding Military Student Award presented to the student who demonstrated unusual diligence and persistence in completing their studies.
- The Richard W. Oliver Merit Award will be presented to two mid-program students who during the first half of their degree program exhibited originality of thought and thoroughness of study: Juanita Helwig, B.S Nursing, and Christine Harper, M.S. Nursing, Education Specialization.
- Ngozi Enwere, B.S. Nursing, is the recipient of the Mary A. Adams President’s Award honoring a student who exemplifies perseverance in their program of study toward earning their degree despite numerous obstacles. Steele can use this award toward tuition costs for three full courses in her chosen field of study.
- Honorary doctorates will be awarded to Benjamin Rechter, keynote speaker, Michael Bowling, President DirecTV Latin American Northern Region for AT&T and Carrie Oliver, Founder and Managing Director of the Yare Group (London, U.K.).
American Sentinel University awards honorary degrees to recognize outstanding achievement. Recipients receive a Doctor of Letters degree, and they are amongst the highest honors conferred by the university. Previous recipients have been models of excellence and service to the university’s students, graduates, and the world.
American Sentinel will present Sarah Moore, DNP, MSN, BSN, RN, a member of the nursing faculty with The American Sentinel University Faculty of the Year 2016 Award in recognition of Moore’s teaching excellence as evidenced by meeting and exceeding the University expectations and her ability to inspire students in the classroom.
About American Sentinel University
American Sentinel University delivers the competitive advantages of accredited online nursing degree programs in nursing, informatics, MBA Health Care, DNP Executive Leadership and DNP Educational Leadership. Its affordable, flexible bachelor’s and master’s nursing degree programs are accredited by the Commission for the Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The DNP program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The university is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Accrediting Commission of DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.