Mission, Vision, Values, Outcomes, Service & Student Manifesto
American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University’s mission is to provide high-quality, innovative degree and certificate programs that enable students to enhance their professional and civic lives.
… for providing accessible, quality, advanced education for the motivated learner/professional who seeks success in their chosen fields and communities …
… for our innovative use of technology that creates new standards in outcomes and achievement of academic excellence…
… for our understanding of and meeting the changing needs of our students, communities and other constituents…
… for creating excellence in student and constituent services.
American Sentinel College Principles
Four principles guide American Sentinel College and serve as the foundation for all activities of its Board of Trust, administration, faculty and students: Scholarship, Leadership, Accountability, and Citizenship.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Institutional Learning Outcomes express a shared academic expectation for all degree recipients. They include the knowledge, skills, abilities and attitudes that students are expected to develop as a result of their overall experience with American Sentinel College.
Through their programs of study graduates of American Sentinel College will attain proficiency in:
Demonstrate the ability to recognize problems, judge evidence, analyze and produce arguments, and accurately identify valid inferences
Demonstrate the ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas and information to others in written, oral, and multimedia formats
Demonstrate the possession of content knowledge adequate for the performance of duties in one’s field of study, the ability to engage responsibly as global citizens, as well as the ability to locate relevant and useful information related to a particular problem or topic and accurately judge its veracity and authenticity.
Values / Objectives
- Place value creation for the learner at the center of all that we do.
- Embrace the changes necessary to continually improve standards and processes so that they inspire “best in class” educational content and learning assessments.
- Keep our students, faculty, staff, communities and other constituents engaged in a free exchange of ideas by creating an environment of trust and mutual respect.
- Identify the educational needs of our students and work diligently to meet or exceed them.
- Act with integrity, behave ethically and transparently.
- Value and embrace diversity.
- Maintain a workplace that is characterized by safety, openness, creativity, challenge and innovation.
Statement of Service
In pursuing its stated goals and objectives, American Sentinel College serves the public good by
- identifying and offering its services to underserved constituencies of learners,
- providing needed skills and credentials to its students,
- enhancing the body of knowledge in the academic areas served by further developing educational content, and
- promoting the development of new techniques and strategies in online education, and promoting its online methods as an effective alternative to traditional higher education.
American Sentinel’s continued operation also serves the public good by stimulating the economy through employment, and through its direct support of programs to benefit the community in which it operates.
At American Sentinel College, nurturing students’ talent is our primary responsibility. We believe the only true measure of our success is our students’ success in their chosen fields.
To achieve our goals, American Sentinel College pledges to our students that we will, to the best of our ability:
- Offer high-quality educational programs.
- Provide a response to student requests within 24 hours.
- Create a variety of innovative courses and programs that equip students with the latest and most desired knowledge in the marketplace.
- Employ the most innovative educational technologies.
- Provide world-class student services and support.
- Operate in a fiscally responsible manner to ensure students receive the best value in tuition.
- Provide students annual reports on our progress toward meeting our goals.