American Sentinel University has adopted philosophical statements of Mission, Vision, Principles, Values, and Service, as well as a Student Manifesto, in order to make sure that our stakeholders inside and outside the institution maintain a clear picture of what we seek to achieve.
- The Statement of Mission explains the purpose of our institution is to educate students, and recognizes that the quality of those degrees is of paramount importance to enabling students to excel and advance in their careers.
- The Statement of Vision identifies the distinctive educational features for which we strive to be known.
- The Statement of Principles identifies those concepts that we hope to instill in our students.
- The Statement of Values is our pledge to inclusion, openness and respect for our students.
- The Statement of Service identifies life-long learners as our core constituency, and places that commitment in the context of the public good we hope to promote.
- The Student Manifesto is our promise to provide the highest level of support to our students.
We hope that you consider these statements in deciding if you wish to attend our institution, and encourage our students to regularly review them. We believe that education is only successful if students and teachers have aligned goals. We aspire to a high standard at American Sentinel University, and expect the same of our students. We believe that creating a set of expectations and living up to them are crucial to success in education, work, and life. The significance for our students lies in the example that we set, and we will encourage you to emulate.
American Sentinel University’s mission is to provide high-quality, innovative degree and certificate programs that enable students to enhance their professional and civic lives.
… for providing accessible, quality, advanced education for the motivated learner/professional who seeks success in their chosen fields and communities …
… for our innovative use of technology that creates new standards in outcomes and achievement of academic excellence…
… for our understanding of and meeting the changing needs of our students, communities and other constituents…
… for creating excellence in student and constituent services.
Four principles guide American Sentinel University and serve as the foundation for all activities of its Board of Trust, administration, faculty and students: Scholarship, Leadership, Accountability, and Citizenship.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Institutional Learning Outcomes express a shared academic expectation for all degree recipients. They include the knowledge, skills, abilities and attitudes that students are expected to develop as a result of their overall experience with American Sentinel University.
Through their programs of study graduates of American Sentinel University will attain proficiency in:
Demonstrate the ability to recognize problems, judge evidence, analyze and produce arguments, and accurately identify valid inferences
Demonstrate the ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas and information to others in written, oral, and multimedia formats
Demonstrate the possession of content knowledge adequate for the performance of duties in one’s field of study, the ability to engage responsibly as global citizens, as well as the ability to locate relevant and useful information related to a particular problem or topic and accurately judge its veracity and authenticity.
Statement of Service
In pursuing its stated goals and objectives, American Sentinel serves the public good by
- identifying and offering its services to underserved constituencies of learners,
- providing needed skills and credentials to its students,
- enhancing the body of knowledge in the academic areas served by further developing educational content, and
- promoting the development of new techniques and strategies in online education, and promoting its online methods as an effective alternative to traditional higher education.
American Sentinel’s continued operation also serves the public good by stimulating the economy through employment, and through its direct support of programs to benefit the community in which it operates.
Values / Objectives
- Place value creation for the learner at the center of all that we do.
- Embrace the changes necessary to continually improve standards and processes so that they inspire “best in class” educational content and learning assessments.
- Keep our students, faculty, staff, communities and other constituents engaged in a free exchange of ideas by creating an environment of trust and mutual respect.
- Identify the educational needs of our students and work diligently to meet or exceed them.
- Act with integrity, behave ethically and transparently.
- Value and embrace diversity.
- Maintain a workplace that is characterized by safety, openness, creativity, challenge and innovation.
Ready to Start Classes?
Fill out the information below, and we will be in touch quickly.