Veteran Educational Benefits (VA)
American Sentinel University is committed to solving financial challenges for our military students. Serving those who serve our country is a privilege, and we are honored to help you meet your educational goals.
Our military student scholarship program offers generous support for military members and their spouses. We understand that such assistance can make the difference in your ability to pursue your education. In addition to veterans benefits offered through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, students may be eligible to receive a military student scholarship.
- Course terms are eight weeks in length and begin each month.
- Montgomery GI Bill tuition benefits are paid directly to the student. However, Post 9/11 GI Bill tuition benefits are paid directly to American Sentinel.
- VA benefits may be used in conjunction with company reimbursement as long as your employer is not the federal government. In addition, VA benefits may be used in conjunction with Federal Student Aid for which the student may be eligible.
Eligibility for VA Educational Benefits
Our Admissions Engagement Managers are happy to help our military students through the admissions process, however, the Department of Veterans Affairs should always be your primary source of veteran benefit information. To determine your eligibility for VA educational benefits, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website or call 800.827.1000 (U.S. only). All admissions requirements must be completed and the veteran must be a registered student at American Sentinel University before he or she will be certified for VA benefits.
To be a registered student, you must pay tuition and fees as part of the enrollment process.
To apply for VA benefits, follow these steps:
- Students are required to complete a:
- 22-1990 form – Application for 1st time benefits, or
- 22-1995 form – Change of program or place of training.
- Copies of your completed forms should be sent to the VA office in St. Louis, MO, and to American Sentinel University.
- When completing your 22-1990 or 22-1995 please be certain to enter 2260 South Xanadu Way, Suite 310, Aurora, CO 80014 in the school address section.
- Upon enrollment the student will:
- Indicate which course and which term for which they are enrolling.
- Submit payment for the course.
- Students using Chapter 33 will only submit payment to the school for the amount not covered by their benefits. Students receiving 100% benefits will have all of their tuition paid by VA directly to the school.
- Forward a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (NOBE) to American Sentinel University when received. Those students now using Chapter 33 will be required to forward a copy of their new NOBE.
- Upon the student’s enrollment, American Sentinel University will:
- Submit a 22-1999 to the VA for the course and term indicated by the student.
- Monitor course progress and completion and submit necessary forms to VA.
- Students need to verify their enrollment on a monthly basis through the WAVE system at http://www.gibill.va.gov/ under information for veterans or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
Find Out What Experience
You Can Transfer
Let us help you maximize your transfer credit. Fill out the form below, and we will respond quickly.