Team American Sentinel: Devon Putnam

Team American Sentinel: Devon Putnam

Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Devon Putnam, Student Success Director

What is your favorite part about your position at American Sentinel?

I believe that obtaining a degree is one of the most important and outstanding feats that one can accomplish, so I love that I work with a team whose entire mission is to help people achieve their goals. I love the people on my team, and I love that they take so much pride in building relationships with students and offering exceptional service. I’m lucky to work in a department that directly makes a difference in the lives of others.

What is your favorite inspirational quote?

When I taught high school, I used to have a poster in my classroom that read, “You are the author of your own life story.” I love that quote. When things aren’t going as planned, I try to remind myself that I am in charge of where my story is headed. It’s empowering.

If you could only watch one movie the rest of your life, what would it be?

It’s a toss up between “Forrest Gump” and “Remember the Titans.”

What was your favorite Halloween costume you ever had?

My mom made me an elf costume one year for Halloween; I’m not sure if it was my all-time favorite, but it definitely got the most use. I think I wore it for three years in a row because it took my mom so long to make.

What song are you currently grooving to?

Because I have a one-year-old, I spend a lot of time on Pandora’s children stations. We groove to “Bringing Home My Baby Bumblebee,” and “Row, Row, Row Your Boat,” more than I care to admit. When I’m in the car without her, I take advantage of the time with audiobooks.

What is your favorite thing about Autumn?

I love everything cliche about Autumn – scarves, hot chocolate, campfires, and the crisp weather, but most of all, I LOVE pumpkin patches. I drive my family crazy with multiple pumpkin patch trips every year, and I have a ridiculous amount of pumpkin decorating supplies – paint, glitter, stickers, etc. It’s one of my favorite holiday traditions.

Tagged as ,