Team American Sentinel: Lisa Smith

Team American Sentinel: Lisa Smith

Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Lisa Smith, Senior Admissions Advisor

If you could have had the starring role in any film, what would it be?

Knowing everyone on this planet has a different sense of humor, I would be in a starring role that would make each and every person laugh so hard it hurts their belly and cheeks. It would be that role in a movie we think about later – even years later – and still laugh about it.

What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and the best part is relaxing, cooking/baking, and spending time with family and friends. While gathering around the table, I love for everyone to share reasons why they have been thankful over the past year; it always brings a warm, cozy feeling inside.

Who do you look up to?

My dad. As the youngest of six children, we had an unspoken bond about our relationship. Early on, he gave me a great sense of how important it is to be loyal – loyal to family and friends, and passionate about what you do every day. He taught me to be strong and always told me when I’m ever faced with adversity to “keep going Lisa, you have to keep pushing.” So simple, and yet so true.

If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?

Riding my mountain bike in Crested Butte, Colorado.

What is your favorite book?

The Art of Racing in the Rain, or I recently read Wild. Really any book that inspires me to be a better person.

What’s your favorite part of your position at American Sentinel University?

Coming up on five years with American Sentinel, I am thankful to be a part of an organization that has grown into an innovative, high-quality institution. I’m proud to be a part of our success. The best part though is making a difference in people’s lives; helping them overcome their adversities and reaching their goals so they can make an impact in their communities.

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.
Tagged as