Team American Sentinel: Jason Zichterman

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Student Success Advisor, Jason Zichterman

What are you most excited by in your new position as a student success advisor?

I’m very excited about the prospect of starting an advising career. I had great advisors throughout college and grad school, and I understand how important we can be in mentoring and setting students up for success – I can’t wait to get started!

What is your favorite inspirational quote?

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle. I heard this quote as a freshman student athlete in college and it’s always stuck with me. Making a habit of doing things the right way is something I always strive to do.

What is your favorite part of autumn?

Autumn is the best! I love the cooler temperatures and changing colors, but the best part of fall for me is the start of football season – go Broncos! 

If you could attend any concert, who would you see?

I try and go see Jimmy Eat World every time they play a show nearby; but if I had the chance, I’d go see The Notorious B.I.G. in his prime!

Who is your favorite movie or TV show?

My favorite movie is “Zoolander.” It’s completely dumb and ridiculous and I’ve seen it at least 30 times. My favorite TV show is tied between “Game of Thrones” and “Scrubs.”

Do you have any secret talents or passions (tap dancing, scrapbooking, etc.)?

I don’t believe I have a secret talent, but a couple of years ago, I randomly went on the Internet and became ordained as a minister. I haven’t had any use for it yet, but apparently I have special parking privileges if I want to use them!

Have you dreamed of earning your BSNMSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Read the other Meet the Team articles to learn more about the American Sentinel team.