Team American Sentinel: Jordan Debord

Each Friday we will be introducing you to one player on the American Sentinel University team. Everyone works hard to make sure our students reach their goals through supporting students and constantly improving our curriculum. When our students graduate with a relevant, innovative healthcare degree we all win!

Meet Registrar Services Specialist, Jordan Debord

What is your favorite part about your position with American Sentinel?

I love being part of the behind-the-scenes activities that enable students to continue their education and help their experience at American Sentinel to be as seamless as possible. From evaluating students’ qualifications as they enroll in the university, to checking their records, to making sure they’ve totally completed all they need to do to graduate, I get to be a part of their experience from beginning to end, even if they never speak with our department directly.

What is your favorite inspirational quote?

“Little by little, one travels far.” – J. R. R. Tolkien

If you could have any talent (voice like Aretha Franklin, break-dancing, etc.) what would it be?

I’d like to be able cook really well. I’m an okay cook now, but my talent for eating far exceeds my skills in cooking at this point. It’d be great to even those out a bit.

If you had a time machine, would you rather travel to the future or the past?

I would absolutely travel to the past to meet some of my heroes and see some of history’s major events unfold.

What is your favorite movie or TV show?

My favorite movie would have to be “Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.” My favorite TV show is “Doctor Who.” So, in case you haven’t guessed at this point, yes, I am a giant nerd!

What is something about you that would surprise your coworkers?

Except for a short time in high school following an unfortunate shaving incident, I’ve had a full beard since I was 15 years-old (I’m 28 now)!

Have you dreamed of earning your BSN, MSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.

Tagged as