For students who want to fast track their BSN programs by showcasing what they know via competencies, not classes, the RN to BSN program powered by SIMPath® at American Sentinel is a great option.
For obvious reasons, this program offers ultimate flexibility. How? Here are a few highlights:
- Students can submit evidence of their topic mastery in whatever format they deem appropriate. The program uses different types of assessments to measure students’ abilities and knowledge on different topics. That might mean a three-page paper, PowerPoint presentation, five-minute video presentation, or a detailed concept map is a good way for a student to articulate what they know about a subject. Whatever you choose, the goal is for you to prove that you have mastered the content.
- Rubrics serve as a guide. For each assignment, students receive a detailed rubric that lays out the areas for which they must prove mastery and how they will be graded. For example, to show that you understand the various professional roles that a nurse could hold, you can prove “gold” mastery (the highest level possible) by identifying three professional roles and discussing those roles’ impact on healthcare.
- Students can move at their pace. Whether you want to complete 10 competencies or two in 16 weeks, you get to decide how quickly to work through each competency. There are mandatory weekly phone calls, and each student must complete 13 calls for each 16-week term. But during that term, you may complete as many assignments as you like. That means you’re not required to learn at the same rate as others.
- Students pay by block of time, not by class. You pay for the RN to BSN SIMPath® program by 16-week term, but you proceed through the competencies at your own pace. When it comes to college, time is money, so the ability to finish the entire program in less than one year will save you thousands of dollars—not to mention set you on the next step of your career journey sooner. There are monthly start dates available.
- The program uses digital simulations. Embedded in the SIMPath® curriculum are virtual simulations where students can improve their clinical decision-making. This helps students apply what they learn as they learn it in real-world scenarios.
- All competencies are online. Like other classes at American Sentinel University, students can complete competencies around their busy schedule in a 100% online format. This means you can maintain a healthy work-life balance while still achieving your educational goals.
Ultimately, the RN to BSN SIMPath® program is the most flexible way to complete your BSN degree at American Sentinel University. It is an ideal solution for students who have a great deal of experience and knowledge and are motivated to prove it through competency-based education.
We understand that many students lead busy lives as professionals, parents, caregivers and more. The flexibility of SIMPath® is one of its greatest features. Learn more about how this program might fit your life and your goals by attending an open house or contacting the admissions team at 866.922.5690.