Want To Learn More?
Request Information Below
Fill out the form below, and an Admissions Engagement Manager will be in touch soon.
Master's in Nursing Informatics
If you love technology as much as you love nursing, choosing Nursing Informatics as the specialization for your Master of Science Nursing degree will show you how to use healthcare data to improve patient outcomes and reduce risk. Nursing Informatics is one of five specializations offered by our CCNE-accredited MSN program and is specifically designed to be 100% online for maximum flexibility.
M.S. Nursing, Nurse Practitioner specializations are offered in 38 states. Contact admissions for more information.
Why Our MSN Program Works
MSN Nursing Informatics Curriculum
A specialization in Nursing Informatics gives you a solid foundation in information processing along with the analytical skills you need to use data-driven insights to support best practices. American Sentinel’s rigorous curriculum covers a breadth of issues in nursing informatics, including the evaluation of legislation, policies and economics on healthcare systems. Key courses include:
M.S. Nursing, Nursing Informatics
Completion of the MSN, nursing informatics specialization, requires 36 credit hours. Students may be eligible to transfer up to 18 credit hours from previous graduate study.
View more information on MSN practice experiences.
Nursing Informatics Specialization (18 credit hours)
You Can Afford It
Most American Sentinel students graduate debt free by taking advantage of flexible payment options and 0% financing. Comparing costs for higher education can be tricky. Find everything you need for a total cost comparison here and you’ll see why earning your MSN with American Sentinel offers great value.
Join our next Open House!
MSN Open House
Fri., Sept. 27, 10:00-11:00 a.m. MDT
More on the MSN Nursing Informatics
American Sentinel’s MSN Nursing Informatics graduates assume management roles in a wide variety of healthcare organizations where they:
- Leverage clinical knowledge with data-driven insights
- Evaluate and implement new technologies
- Support decision-making with trending data
- Manage regulatory compliance
Graduates of the MSN degree program, nursing informatics specialization, will be able to:
- Utilize informatics in health care settings to improve patient outcomes.
- Evaluate applications that acquire, process and report clinical and financial information to enhance patient care.
- Demonstrate data management skills that target opportunities to improve patient safety.
- Develop a detailed project management plan for evaluating, contracting and implementing new technologies to improve health outcomes and reduce risk.
- Integrate roles as leaders and collaborators in various healthcare settings.
- Use theoretical knowledge to guide advanced nursing practice.
- Analyze models that expand the role of nurses in a global society.
- Evaluate legislation, policies, and economics as applied to the current healthcare environment.
- Appraise research to enhance professional nursing practice
All coursework for the Master of Science Nursing is 100% online and includes Practice Experiences. Practice experiences do not involve hands-on patient care. Unlike the clinical experiences you completed to become a registered nurse, practice experiences are built in to your courses and do not add additional work.
Practice experiences are interactive learning opportunities where you get to apply the concepts you are learning to real world scenarios. They are an important requirement for accreditation, as it enables students to demonstrate educational competencies.
See MSN Practice Experiences for more information.
The mission of the MSN program is to prepare highly qualified professional nursing personnel to serve global healthcare communities as administrators, educators, and informatics specialists.
- Active, unencumbered RN license
- Bachelor of science nursing degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or
- Comparable degree as determined by eligible third-party evaluation service
Note: No GRE or other placement test is required for admission