Take Your Next Steps Now
Learn More About Our DNP Program
Select “Doctor of Nursing Practice, Professional Leadership” and fill out the form below to learn more about our DNP Program.
Nurse Practitioner Doctorate Online Program in Professional Leadership
The Doctor of Nursing Practice, professional leadership specialization is designed to foster the advanced practice of nursing within a complex health system. The DNP specialization is targeted toward nurses who are looking for education in a variety of courses that will allow them to take managerial or entrepreneurial roles in healthcare systems or smaller clinical settings. The program allows nurses to take courses that fit their career goals (instead of a pre-determined path which many DNP programs require).
DNP Open House
Fri., Oct. 25, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MDT
Graduates of the DNP, professional leadership specialization will be able to:
Flexible and Fast Program
DNP Professional Leadership Course Highlights
The DNP Professional Leadership Specialization is uniquely structured so nurses take six courses from the core curriculum, but can then choose the seven specialization courses that best fit their career and educational goals.
DNP Professional Leadership Specialization –
Completion of the DNP, professional leadership specialization degree requires 42 credit hours. The expected length of the program is just over two years. The program is structured to have two short residencies (one onsite, one virtual), with the remainder of courses offered online in eight week modules.
View more information on DNP practice experiences.
** residency courses
*** contact your SSA before registration
Practice Experiences: A More Active Way to Learn
The online nursing doctoral program in nursing educational leadership program at American Sentinel University contain practice experiences. This is done to meet the accreditor requirement that RN to BSN, RN to MSN, MSN or DNP programs include practice experiences in the curricula to enable students to achieve the required educational competencies (AACN White Paper, Oct. 2012; DNP Essentials for Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, 2006; ACEN 2013 Standards). These practice experiences have specific objectives, expected outcomes and competencies. Practice experiences are an opportunity to get away from traditional reading and writing assignments; instead these assignments are replaced with more active assignments.
Practice experiences are not like the clinical experiences you completed to obtain your degree as a registered nurse. Practice experiences do not involve hands-on patient care. They are designed to provide you with the opportunity to apply the concepts and knowledge you learn in the nursing courses.
The mission of the DNP program is to prepare highly qualified nurse leaders and nurse educators to serve in competitive healthcare and higher education settings.
DNP classes are online and designed for working professionals, giving you the convenience and control to participate in classes around your busy schedule.
Classes are only eight weeks in length
MySentinel® Student Support is our distinctive personal approach to helping students succeed. As a DNP student, you will work exclusively with our fantastic student success advisors, Abigail and Aaron, who will help guide you through graduation.
Our competitive tuition rates, various payment options and DNP Travel Assistance Program allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.*
* Based on 2018 data. This figure includes graduates paying out of pocket for their education and those receiving tuition reimbursement from their employer. The University also offers payment plans financed over four or nine-month increments depending on program of study that will allow a participant to graduate debt free.
We have educated students at some of the top healthcare organizations in the country: Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, Geisinger Health System, Johns Hopkins University, Kindred Healthcare, and the list goes on. These students along with many more have achieved personal goals, and new positions with their DNP, educational leadership specialization from American Sentinel University.
What You’ll Get
- Real-world solutions for your organization’s challenges
- Connections to peers at leading organizations around the country
- A deeper understanding of educating the next generation of nurses
- A professional headshot
What You’ll Learn
- How to leverage your advanced nursing experience with specialized education to manage practices and lead healthcare professionals.
- The ability to adapt to all settings in the ever-changing healthcare industry
* Based on 2017 data. This figure includes graduates paying out of pocket for their education and those receiving tuition reimbursement from their employer. The University also offers payment plans financed over four or nine-month increments depending on program of study that will allow a participant to graduate debt free.