The course-based online MBA healthcare administration program is comprised of twelve courses that feature regularly scheduled online class discussions during the week and a structured format ideal for students that work best with deadlines. A Master of Business Administration Healthcare is a valuable degree for healthcare leaders in facilities, insurance companies, small practices and also for physicians, nurses and administrators.
Flexible Online Format
- Our MBA Healthcare administration classes are 100% online and designed for working professionals, giving you the convenience to participate in classes around your busy schedule.
- Classes are 8-weeks in length and start monthly– a benefit you cannot find at most schools.
Relevant to Market Needs
- With a MBA Healthcare degree, graduates are prepared to assume healthcare administration and management roles and lead the healthcare revolution.
- Our competitive tuition rates and flexible payment options allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.
- Graduation may be closer than you think with our Life Experience and Transfer Credits program. Up to 50 percent of Master’s degree requirements can be earned through a combination of prior completed college course work and life experience transfer credit.
MBA Healthcare Program Overview
The curriculum of the MBA health administration program is designed to address current issues in healthcare today. Students learn about:
- building and running accountable care organizations,
- handling the ethical and political issues in a health care system,
- and operating a transparent organization and much more.
With changes in legislation and a push toward highly efficient organizations, leading in health care today requires holistic management and strong functional business knowledge.
A business degree at its core, American Sentinel’s MBA Healthcare administration program combines a cutting-edge program of study and market-relevant health care instruction to produce capable, strategic leaders.
Course-based MBA Healthcare Highlights
Our rigorous curriculum covers a breadth of issues in health care today. Here are a few of the MBA Healthcare administration program’s key courses:
- Healthcare Strategic Management (HCA542): Teaches students to alter their focus from that of strategic planners to strategic managers capable of making just-in-time decisions based on business intelligence. Discusses the importance of responding quickly to regulatory and funding changes.
- Risk Management for Healthcare Organizations (HCA550): A contemporary, broad risk management course that examines all levels of organizational risk, from facility risk to legal and regulatory risk to employment risk.
- Performance Improvement in Healthcare (HCA560): Focuses on moving an organization forward as a learning organization, while adhering to performance metrics and expectations. Covers a variety of techniques for quality improvement and how to develop services for diverse populations.
- Healthcare Marketing (HCA515): Explores service line and product line development as well as the role of communications professionals in a health care organization. Covers social media marketing and other current marketing trends.
- Healthcare Information Resources Management (HCA538): Discusses the importance of selecting the right information technology for the health care enterprise.
What You’ll Learn in our course-based MBA Healthcare Program
Graduates of the MBA Healthcare administration will be able to:
- Lead and collaborate with other professionals and communities in planning, providing and improving health care services and systems.
- Effectively manage the performance of healthcare professionals in diverse organizational environments.
- Integrate multiple functional and professional perspectives to create innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Use theoretical knowledge and contemporary research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Lead others in the acceptance of accountability, responsibility and stewardship for an organization’s action and judgments.
- Address the legal, regulatory and ethical challenges of the healthcare industry.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.