Our ACEN-accredited Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program with a specialization in educational leadership is a practice-based, leadership-focused program that prepares faculty, program directors and deans to lead nursing education programs. Our online DNP nursing program is one of a very few that offers a DNP degree with an educational leadership specialization. As a student you will be taught by some of the top nurse educators in the nation and surrounded by colleagues who share your education-focused goal. Our students come from top hospitals around the U.S. such as Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, UCLA Medical Center, Geisinger Health System and Spectrum Health System.
Relevant Practice-Focused Curriculum
- Most traditional Ph.D.’s are research-based, not practice-focused. Traditional Ed.D., programs are focused on general education and not specific to nursing. Our online DNP program in nursing education provides nurse education leaders with credentials that validate credibility and competence to academic and business leaders.
- Capstone implementation science project (not a dissertation) is tailored to your professional goals.
Flexible and Fast Program
- Program is only 28 months long with rolling admission
- Year one: four-day residency, we pay for your stay; year two: two-day virtual residency
- Schooling is 100% online except for one short, four-day residency in Aurora, CO
Affordable Tuition So You Can Earn Your DNP, Debt-Free
- Our competitive tuition rates, various payment options and DNP Travel Assistance Program allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.
Educational Leadership Course Highlights
Our rigorous curriculum covers a breadth of issues in nursing and health care, giving students the foundation and skills to teach the next generation of nursing and lead academic and educational initiatives in healthcare organizations. Here are a few of the educational leadership’s online courses:
- Leadership: Setting the Example (N700PE): Focuses on leadership in nursing education in a dynamic health care environment. Students explore leadership theory and take into account organizational culture and governmental complexities.
- Role of Technology and Simulation in Nursing Education (N714PE): Explores the use of the Internet, WEB 2.0 tools and other online technologies used in the delivery of academic programs. Students will explore research on best practices in online learning. American Sentinel has created cutting edge simulation technology to the enhance student experience.
- Organizational Dynamics of Higher Education (N702PE): Focuses on the organizational structure of higher education, starting with the federal and state laws that govern academic institutions. Students explore the standards for accreditation, as well as, the nature of leadership roles in public and private institutions.