Health care is our nation’s fastest-growing industry and one that has undergone significant change in the past decade. Now more than ever, there is an urgent need for transformational leaders capable of solving critical issues such as providing financially efficient care and achieving positive patient outcomes.
American Sentinel University understands the importance of offering market-relevant, high-quality nursing degree programs. Our bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate and certificate programs are designed to prepare nurse professionals to meet the ever-evolving needs of this vital industry.
American Sentinel’s bachelor’s and master’s nursing degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) has awarded accreditation to American Sentinel University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program with specialty tracks in Educational Leadership and Executive Leadership.
American Sentinel offers the following online nursing programs:
- Registered Nurse to B.S. Nursing (RN to BSN) is an accelerated nursing degree program for RNs with associate degrees in nursing.
- Registered Nurse to B.S. Nursing/M.S. Nursing (RN to BSN/MSN) is a fast-track program that enables RNs to earn their BSN and MSN degrees (5 MSN specializations).
- M.S. Nursing (MSN) is a distance education program for experienced nurses, who can choose from five specializations:
- Case Management focuses on improving patient care through understanding patient referrals, planning and delivery of care, evaluating patient results, and evaluating overall program effectiveness.
- Infection Prevention and Control teaches nurses to create infection control programs and monitor critical infection control indicators in healthcare delivery systems.
- Nursing Education prepares nurses to teach, develop curriculum and utilize distance education technology.
- Nursing Informatics prepares nurses to translate health care data into meaningful information, identify opportunities and implement new technologies that improve patient outcomes and reduce risk.
- Nursing Management and Organizational Leadership prepares nurses for managerial roles and to implement human resource principles.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) with two specializations to choose from:
- Infection Prevention and Control Certificate gives clinicians, nurses, physicians, managers, non-nurse practitioners, infection control team members and others the knowledge they need to develop best practices for infection prevention and control.