“My work and my patients are important to me, so I knew that online education was the best setup for me.”
“I know that there may come a time when I want to move away from the bedside, and the BSN gives me a broad understanding of many different areas.”
“I never felt alone, and the projects and discussions with other students in all different areas of nursing around the country really benefited me.”
Flexible and affordable RN to BSN online program
Further your career and professional development with a flexible, online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science Nursing (RN to BSN) degree program from American Sentinel.
Ideal for nurses who want to expand their knowledge base, become more marketable, and enjoy greater career stability and mobility.
- Affordable – Complete the program in under $12,000 – that’s half the cost of our competitors!
- Flexible – Multiple start dates and online flexibility to fit your personal and professional schedule.
- 24/7 Support – We take your success seriously and equip you with the tools you need.
- Accredited – Show that you mean business with a degree that is fully recognized and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The RN to BSN program consists of 10 core online nursing courses, all other credits may be transferred in (and you receive 60 credits for your ASN/ADN and current RN license).
A Degree That Fits Your Budget
- With a total program cost of less than $12,000 (depending on transfer credits and # of courses required), our accredited online RN to BSN program has one of the lowest tuition rates among our peers
- Our 0% interest financing and flexible payment options allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.
- American Sentinel nursing students often use our payment plan to finance part or all of their tuition costs, significantly lowering out-of-pocket expenses.
To learn more about American Sentinel’s payment options, financial aid, and discount or scholarship eligibility visit the Paying for School page.
A Program That Works Around Your Schedule
- As a working professional, your time is precious. Our RN to BSN classes start monthly, are 100% online, and designed to fit into your busy schedule, not the other way around.
- Finish the program in just 10 months with our credit transfer policy, or complete it at your own pace. Our RN to BSN degree courses are eight weeks in length and start monthly – giving you options instead of limitations.
To learn more about American Sentinel’s RN to BSN degree program, or if you have any questions about transfer credits fill out the short form at the bottom of this page.
A Dedicated Advisor for Every Student
- With MySentinel™ Student Support, you’ll receive all the tools and resources you need to take your education to the next level.
- Each student is provided with a dedicated advisor to help guide them from admissions through graduation.
Increase Earning Potential and Professional Fulfillment
Holding a BSN degree not only helps you prepare for a variety of nursing roles, it can improve your earning potential. From Registered Nurses to Informatics Nurse Specialists, employment opportunities and the median annual wage are projected to grow by at least 16% by the year 2024.
In today’s continually changing healthcare landscape, having a BSN credential isn’t just a way to remain competitive or bolster a resume – it’s a necessary requirement. The Institute of Medicine especially stresses the need for nurses to further their education, recommending at least 80% of nurses achieve their baccalaureate degrees by the year 2020. Don’t get left behind!
To see a full list of RN to BSN career options and salary expectations, visit the Career Paths page.
An Overview of the RN to BSN Program
American Sentinel pairs hands-on experience with national quality and safety standards to produce well-rounded program graduates.
The RN to BSN program curriculum follows the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) model which focuses on six competencies, listed below. By following the QSEN model our online RN to BSN curriculum prepares you to improve the quality and safety of patient care in your healthcare organizations:
- Patient centered care
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Evidence based practice
- Quality improvement
Are You Eligible
- Registered nurses with diploma program from a hospital school of nursing, ASN, or ADN from a nationally accredited college
- Active, unencumbered RN license
- 60 semester hours awarded for ADN or nursing diploma
- Up to 30 more general education credit hours can be transferred in
- 10 nursing courses required
- Foreign students must hold a comparable degree as determined by NACES member outside evaluation service
Program Credit Requirements and Practical Experience
Our online RN to BSN program requires a total of 120 credit hours to graduate, 60 credits of which are automatically awarded for your ASN/ADN and RN license. As part of the application process, your official transcripts will be evaluated, and up to 90 credits (with 60 from the ASN/ADN) can be transferred into our program. To see a list of required courses, visit the RN to BSN program curriculum page.
The program includes community engagements, also known as practice experiences, where students can continue to develop a specific skillset, shadow nurse leaders in a particular specialization, put new knowledge to the test with virtual patient assessments, and much more.
These hours are embedded in three of the RN-BSN courses and they replace other required coursework activities such as reading and written assignments. Community engagement hours allow the student to complete activities that link directly to assignments and projects, allowing students to put their new skills and knowledge to use immediately. See RN to BSN Practice Experiences for more information.
What You’ll Learn in Our RN to BSN Program
Graduates of our online RN to BSN program will be able to:
- Assume leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams within health care organizations.
- Enhance professional nursing practice through the use of research and evidence-based practice.
- Integrate methods of research and scholarship to make and prioritize diagnoses.
- Design care for individuals, groups and communities.
- Incorporate methods of health promotion and education in nursing care of individuals, families and groups with simple to complex health care needs.
- Accept accountability and responsibility for professional judgment and actions.
- Integrate professional values and role behaviors.
- Examine the problems of contemporary health and illness.
- Demonstrate the role of the global citizen.
- Collaborate with other groups to shape health policies that affect both individual and community health.
The mission of the RN to BSN program is to enhance the knowledge and practice of nurse generalists who are key members of an interdisciplinary team (professional lives) that can have a positive impact on health care outcomes (civic lives).
Get Program Details
American Sentinel values your privacy. Your information will only be accessible to American Sentinel University.
BSN Open House:Thurs., October 13, at 4-5 p.m. EDT
Thinking about earning your Bachelor of Science Nursing degree with American Sentinel University? Join American Sentinel's Admissions department and a nursing faculty member as they answer your questions in a BSN-specific online open house.Reserve Your Seat Today!