“My work and my patients are important to me, so I knew that online education was the best setup for me.”
“I know that there may come a time when I want to move away from the bedside, and the BSN gives me a broad understanding of many different areas.”
“I never felt alone, and the projects and discussions with other students in all different areas of nursing around the country really benefited me.”
Accredited online RN to BSN program, 10 months under $12,000
Our Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science Nursing (RN to BSN) degree is a CCNE-accredited online program. The bachelor degree in nursing is ideal for nurses who want to expand their knowledge base, become more marketable and enjoy greater career stability and mobility. The RN to BSN program consists of 10 core nursing courses, all other credits may be transferred in (and you receive 60 credits for your ASN/ADN and current RN license).
- OurOur accredited online RN to BSN program has one of the lowest tuition rate among our peers with a total program cost of less than $12,000 (depending on transfer credits and # of courses to complete the degree).
- Flexible payment options (including 0% interest financing) allow most of our students to graduate debt-free.
- RN to BSN classes are 100% online and designed for working professionals, enabling you the convenience to participate around your busy schedule.
- Courses for the RN to BSN degree are eight weeks in length and start monthly – giving you the option to finish faster (just 10 months with our transfer credit policy).
Personalized Student Support
- Whether you haven’t taken courses in a while (and are new to online learning) or you consider yourself tech savvy, you will find our online courses easy to use and nurse friendly. We also offer MySentinel™ Student Support, our distinctive personal approach to helping you succeed. You’ll have a dedicated advisor to help guide you from admissions to graduation.
RN to BSN Program Overview
Our RN to BSN program requires a total of 120 credit hours to graduate (60 will be automatically awarded for your ASN/ADN and RN license). As part of the application process, your official transcripts will be evaluated—up to 90 credits (with 60 from the ASN/ADN) can be transferred into our program.
The RN to BSN program curriculum follows the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) model which focuses on six competencies:
- Patient centered care
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Evidence based practice
- Quality improvement
By following the QSEN model our online RN to BSN curriculum prepares you to improve the quality and safety of patient care in your healthcare organizations.
Our program includes community engagements, also known as practice experiences. These hours are embedded in three of the RN-BSN courses and they replace other required coursework activities such as reading and written assignments. Community engagement hours allow the student to complete activities that link directly to assignments and projects, allowing students to put their new skills and knowledge to use immediately. See Nursing Practice Experience Guide for more information.
To see a list of required courses, visit the RN to BSN program curriculum page.
Our rigorous curriculum covers a breadth of issues in nursing and health care, giving nurses the foundation and skills to expand their practice. Here are a few of the RN to BSN program’s key courses:
- Case Management (BSN440): Emphasizes patient management across the health care continuum, rather than episodic patient management in an acute-care environment.
- Developing Nursing Practice (BSN436): Teaches nurses to employ critical thinking tactics to achieve the Institute of Medicine’s core competencies. Helps nurses learn to bring new knowledge and evidence-based practice into their own practice.
- Public Health Nursing (BSN425 and BSN430): Requires students to complete a hands-on community health assessment project.
- Capstone Project (BSN499): Helps students learn to become change agents in their own environment by creating a solution to an organizational problem.
What You’ll Learn in Our RN to BSN Program
It is our mission to provide nurses with the knowledge and skills to have a positive impact on healthcare outcomes. Graduates of our RN to BSN program will be able to:
- Assume leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams within health care organizations.
- Enhance professional nursing practice through the use of research and evidence-based practice.
- Integrate methods of research and scholarship to make and prioritize diagnoses.
- Design care for individuals, groups and communities.
- Incorporate methods of health promotion and education in nursing care of individuals, families and groups with simple to complex health care needs.
- Accept accountability and responsibility for professional judgment and actions.
- Integrate professional values and role behaviors.
- Examine the problems of contemporary health and illness.
- Demonstrate the role of the global citizen.
- Collaborate with other groups to shape health policies that affect both individual and community health.
American Sentinel values your privacy. Your information will only be accessible to American Sentinel University.
Online Open House:Wed., Sept. 9 at 1:30 p.m. EDT
Thinking about earning your degree online? Join our Online Open House for answers to many of your questions about distance learning.Reserve Your Seat!