“My work and my patients are important to me, so I knew that online education was the best setup for me.”
“I know that there may come a time when I want to move away from the bedside, and the BSN gives me a broad understanding of many different areas.”
“I never felt alone, and the projects and discussions with other students in all different areas of nursing around the country really benefited me.”
Flexible and affordable RN to BSN online program
Prepare for a variety of nursing roles and improve your earning potential with a BSN degree from American Sentinel University . The healthcare landscape is changing and a Bachelor of Science Nursing is becoming a necessary requirement.
Did you know?
The Institute of Medicine recommends at least 80% of nurses achieve their baccalaureate degrees by the year 2020.
Nurse employment opportunities and the median annual wage are projected to grow by at least 16% by the year 2024.
We know it’s hard to further your professional development while you’re juggling work and family responsibilities. Your limited free time is precious and we want to work around your schedule and your budget. That’s why we offer online programs that start monthly, with no mandatory login times, and tuition at lower rates than other schools. And if you’re a practicing RN, you’re already halfway through our course requirements.
Study Around Your Schedule
Our flexible RN to BSN courses are 100% online, and designed to fit into your busy schedule, not the other way around. There’s no mandatory login time, so you can sign in any time that works for you. Each course runs for eight weeks, and new ones start every month. Finish the program in ten months, or take each course at your own pace. We give you options instead of limitations.
Pay Lowest Tuition Rates
With a total program cost of less than $12,000 (depending on transfer credits and number of courses required), our accredited online RN to BSN program has one of the lowest tuition rates among our peers. Similar online programs at other universities can cost upwards of $23,000.
American Sentinel nursing students often use our payment plan to finance part or all of their tuition costs, significantly lowering out-of-pocket expenses. And our 0% interest financing and flexible payment options allow most of our students to graduate debt-free. To learn more about American Sentinel’s payment options, financial aid, and discount or scholarship eligibility visit the Paying for School page.
Automatically Receive 60 Transfer Credits
Do you already have an ASN or ADN and RN License? Then you can receive 60 transfer credits towards your degree. That’s half of the 120 credits you’ll need to graduate from our program! As part of the application process, your official transcripts will be evaluated, and up to 90 credits can be transferred into our program. To read the full list of required courses, visit our online RN to BSN Curriculum page.
Work With Dedicated Advisors
Each student is connected with a dedicated advisor to help guide them from the admissions process all the way through graduation. They’re here to support and guide you through any situation along the way. And with MySentinel™ Student Support , you’ll receive all the tools and resources you need to take your education to the next level.
Our RN to BSN Graduates Will Be Able To:
- Assume leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams within healthcare organizations
- Enhance professional nursing practice through the use of research and evidence-based practice
- Integrate methods of research and scholarship to make and prioritize diagnoses
- Design care for individuals, groups and communities
- Incorporate methods of health promotion and education in nursing care of individuals, families and groups with simple to complex health care needs
- Accept accountability and responsibility for professional judgment and actions
- Integrate professional values and role behaviors
- Examine the problems of contemporary health and illness
- Demonstrate the role of the global citizen
- Collaborate with other groups to shape health policies that affect both individual and community health
To see a full list of RN to BSN career options and salary expectations, visit our Career Paths page.
The mission of the RN to BSN program is to enhance the knowledge and practice of nurse generalists who are key members of an interdisciplinary team (professional lives) that can have a positive impact on healthcare outcomes (civic lives).
Are You Eligible?
- Registered nurses with diploma program from a hospital school of nursing, ASN, or ADN from a nationally accredited college
- Active, unencumbered RN license
- 60 semester hours awarded for ADN or nursing diploma
- Up to 30 more general education credit hours can be transferred in
- 10 nursing courses required
- Foreign students must hold a comparable degree as determined by NACES member outside evaluation service
If this sounds like you, get in touch below! We’re here to help you on your path to becoming a BSN.
Get Program Details
American Sentinel values your privacy. Your information will only be accessible to American Sentinel University.
BSN Open House:Thurs., November 17, 4-5 p.m. EDT
Thinking about earning your Bachelor of Science Nursing degree with American Sentinel University? Join American Sentinel's Admissions department and a nursing faculty member as they answer your questions in a BSN-specific online open house.Reserve Your Seat!